TÜSİAD Silicon Valley Network Internship
The San Francisco Bay Area
Launched by the Turkish Industry and Business Association (TÜSİAD), the TÜSİAD Silicon Valley Network (SVN) is an initiative aimed at facilitating communication and knowledge exchange between the business communities in Turkey and the Bay Area. The SVN, formed of business professionals who have various key roles in the Silicon Valley ecosystem, supports entrepreneurship and innovation, promotes STEM education and digital industrial transformation, and helps develop policies to prepare for the fourth industrial revolution (Industry 4.0) in Turkey and the United States.
On a volunteer basis and in collaboration with TÜSİAD, the SVN develops informational and educational content, provides networking opportunities, organizes panel discussions, connects key stakeholders in the Silicon Valley ecosystem to build lasting partnerships, offers a mentorship program to entrepreneurs, and promotes awareness in Turkey about the inner workings of the unique Silicon Valley ecosystem.
TÜSİAD-US is seeking motivated undergraduate or graduate level students to participate in its internship program and to be a part of this exciting initiative in the Bay Area. Interns will have access to one of the Bay Area’s highest caliber professional networks and have the opportunity to meet and build relationships with accomplished thought leaders, innovators, investors, executives and other inspirational business professionals.
- Applications for this program are accepted year-round on a semester basis (spring, summer, and fall) and are filled on a rolling basis.
- Interns must be located in the Bay Area. The internship will be conducted remotely, however, attendance at events is required.
- The internship is part-time.
- Applicants must be eligible for work in the United States. TÜSİAD-US does not sponsor visas for internship candidates.
- Internships are unpaid and there is no entitlement to a job offer or employment at the end of the internship.
- Provide administrative support at monthly SVN meetings and SVN sub-committee meetings as needed.
- Track news, trends and developments in the tech industry, investment world, and the Turkish-American business community, and prepare briefings.
- Contribute to the monthly “TÜSİAD Silicon Valley Network Newsletter.”
- Assist with SVN’s event preparation, from inception to day-of execution to post-event wrap-up, including managing guest lists, moving event materials, and running the event on-site.
- Prepare briefings, SVN event summaries, social media updates, and articles on SVN activities and events.
- Attend relevant events, conferences, and panel discussions in the Bay Area.
- Assist in planning and execution of visits to the Bay Area by TÜSİAD members and business delegations from Turkey.
- Provide additional SVN support as needed.
- B.A. or M.A. student in good academic standing.
- Currently enrolled at a university or college located in the United States.
- Interest in technology start-up culture, international business relations and the U.S. – Turkey business relationship.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective organizational skills.
- Strong computer and social media skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluency in English, Turkish preferred.
Application: Please send a resume and a cover letter to the TÜSİAD DC Office at [email protected]. Please include “Silicon Valley Network Internship Application” in the subject of your email.
For more information about TÜSİAD-US and the SVN, please visit https://www.tusiad.us/