Thank you for your interest in the Turkish Industry and Business Association (TÜSİAD) Washington Representative Office. This office was established in November 1998 to enhance ties between the U.S. and Turkey. We strive to be a conduit for exchange of information between Turkey and the United States on economic and political matters within the general framework of the mission of our parent organization.
The TÜSİAD Washington Representative Office internship program offers part-time opportunities for undergraduate students, graduate students, and recent graduates with an interest in U.S.-Turkey relations. Interns attend events, provide administrative support, and conduct research on current issues that affect U.S.–Turkey political and economic relations. Interns will also have the opportunity to be exposed to all aspects of the bilateral relationship and be able to benefit from an extensive network.
Applications for this program are accepted year-round on a semester basis (Spring, Summer, and Autumn) and are filled on a rolling basis. Applicants must be eligible for work in the United States, TUSIAD-US does not sponsor visas for internship candidates. Internships are unpaid.
- Attend events, conferences, and panels around the Washington, D.C. area
- Maintain a blog on U.S.-Turkey relations based on events attended and recent developments
- Contribute to the weekly “TÜSİAD Turkey Letter” published in English and the weekly “Washington Gündemi” published in Turkish
- Additional office staff support as required
- B.A. or M.A. student (preferably majoring in International Relations, Economics, Political Science, History) in good academic standing
- Currently enrolled at a university or college located in the United States
- Interest in U.S.–Turkey relations and international affairs
- Attention to detail
- Good organizational skills
- Strong computer skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English language skills required, Turkish language skills preferred
Application: Please send a resume and a cover letter to [email protected]. Please include “Internship Application” in the subject of your email.